Vaginal Veil Collector
Comparison of efectiveness between two methods
Almost twice the ability to detect high-risk oncogenic papillomaviruses (HPV-HR)
by multiplex real-time PCR, using the V-Veil UP2 Vaginal Veil Collector,
compared to the standard swab sampling performed by a gynaecologist or a nurse.
Instructions for use of V-Veil UP2
Follow the instructions below before doing this test:
- Wash your hands properly before using the test
- Do not use if you have had sexual activities more recently than 2 days
- Do not use if you have washed the vaginal cavity more recently than 48 hours
- If you are pregnant or you have blood in the vaginal cavity use this medical
device only at the recommendation of your doctor.
No restrictions during these 30 minutes before removing.
Vaginal Veil Collector
Advantage of flaps collector: our special flaps design
collect and retain more cells from the cervix area.
The graphic below compares the molecular detection of HPV genotypes performed from :
Genital secretions self-collected by women themselves, using the Vaginal Veil Collector V-Veil Up2
Genital secretions collected by a gynaecologist or a nurse, using a swab
UP2 KIT 1
Adapted for Ø 15 mm tube
UP2 KIT 2
Adapted for Ø 30 mm tube.
Also suitable for Ø 15mm tube thanks to the 2nd applicator serving as a pusher.
Tube Ø 15 mm
Tube Ø 30 mm
for a private laboratory/clinic in choosing V-VEIL UP2
Comparison between 2 HPV TEST methods:
Veil UP2 Method
Human resources estimates
- Administrative procedures and sending of the samples
10 to 15
- Preparation and disinfection of the gynecological examination table
3 to 15
- A doctor to perform the test plus discussion
8 to 12
- A doctor to sign the prescription file
1 to 2
- Table cleaning and disinfection
3 to 5
Other costs to consider
of the V-Veil solution for the laboratory or the clinic
- The cancerous genome can be detected up to twice more with Veil UP2 as compared to the classical method.
- The use of Veil UP2 decreases the total cost by 35 – 50%.
- Veil UP2 does not require the presence of a doctor to perform the HPV test.
- With Veil UP2 the number of hpv tests to be done each day can increase.
- The patient appreciates a sampling method that respects her privacy.
- The laboratory or clinic has a real focus of scientific quality communication.
- Save more lives by using Veil UP2.